Thursday, October 26, 2017

Gender Reveal and 5 Month Update

It's a....................GIRL!!!


We found out around 17 weeks that we're having a girl.  I wanted to do a gender reveal but without a whole lot of fuss.  So I painted two little pumpkins, one pink and one blue.  Took them to the appointment and asked the technician to put the right pumpkin in a box I had brought with me.
When we got home we let our son open the box and tell us what we were having.
It was super sweet and not a huge surprise to me because I've had a feeling since day one that it was a little girl.
Hubby on the other hand thought it was a boy, so finding out it was a girl was definitely a surprise to him.
Little man is excited he's getting a baby sister.

So here is a little update on how this pregnancy is going.....and a not so great picture, but I wanted to show off the huge bump ☺)


How far along: 20 weeks (5 Months)
Gender: GIRL!
Weight gain: When I went for my monthly checkup last month I had gained about 10 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Um, I have been wearing maternity clothes since week 12 and really should have been in them for probably 2 weeks prior.  The old saying that you start to show with the second one sooner is no joke for me!  I look like I should be at the halfway point ya'll!
Stretch marks: None yet, but I did get them towards the end last time but they weren't too bad.
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Complicated.  I am so exhausted by 8pm and then will always always always have to get up to pee at least twice in the night and sometimes that wakes me and I end up watching TV for an hour or more at which point I fall back asleep and am exhausted when I wake up, sigh.
Best moment this week: Feeling this little girl kicking around, never gets old.
Worst moment this week: Headaches. I keep thinking it's the weather but it's probably pregnancy related, I feel like I constantly have a dull throbbing headache.  Over it.
Miss anything: I love the pumpkin beer at Trader's Joe's and am seriously bummed that I won't be able to have any this year.  That's really it so far.
Movement: Yes!  She loves to move around at night!  I first felt her around 16 weeks while eating a slice of pecan pie and it wasn't a flutter it was a straight karate chop! 
Cravings: Orange Juice, same as last time.  I'm not an orange juice fan but have been drinking it like crazy.  I also craved cheeseburgers early on, not so much anymore.  Mashed potatoes.
Queasy or sick: Horrible nausea in the first trimester and I have a daily gag fest.  If I even think about gagging it sets me off.
Looking forward to: I get to have another ultrasound on November 6th so I can't wait to see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment