Sunday, November 22, 2009

First Feature Decorating Blog......

Hello Lovelies!!! I have been thinking about ALL kinds of stuff to blog about, there's just so much going on right now (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Presents, Decorating, Crafts, Clothes, Movies, Books, Awards) and the list goes on! and I can't wait to start writing about all of them!

So I have to start with my Home Decorating Blog that I've recently been obsessed with!!! I just can't get enough of her super cute ideas!!!


THRIFTY DECOR CHICK She's just great and she has so many unbelievable and easy decorating ideas!!! I get so inspired when I go to her blog and I love browsing through her old holiday archives!!

So there's my first decorating blog, go and check her out, I promise you won't be dissapointed!

Today I'm doing my Thanksgiving shopping!! What's on my menu?

~Turkey with White Truffle Butter (Barefoot Contessa)~

~Stuffing with Suasage and Apple (Barefoot Contessa)~

~Butterbeans with Basil (my sweet Grandmama)~

~Mashed Potatoes (your's truly ; >)~

Keeping it simple ya'll!

Hubby and I are going to some friends house tonight for an early Thanksgiving dinner and I'm taking Paula Deen's Brie en Croute!!!

If you're ever looking for an easy appetizer to take to friends this is it!! And I always get compliments on it!

You'll need:

Puff Pastry

Round Brie

1/2 cup Walnuts

1/4 cup of brown sugar

1 tablespoon butter

1 egg for brushing on top of puff pastry

Just melt the butter and throw the walnuts into the pan and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes then add the brown sugar and caramalize a bit. Spread the puff pastry out and place the brie in the center and pour the walnut and brown sugar mixture over the top and fold the pastry up on the top and pinch to close. Now take your beaten egg and brush over the top of the pastry and the sides for a nice browned top. Put in baking dish in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes and then take out and serve with crackers! SO GOOOODD!!!

I'll be back soon friends with another decorating blog that I love and I have some awards to give out!! : )

5 comments:

  1. The dish is so yummy. You are making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will have to try that recipe, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the mentioning of food is making me hungry!!
    hope you have a great thanksgiving hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah! I was out shopping with my mom today and we were talking about bizarre bazaar, we are going to head down on Saturday! If you and your mom are going on Saturday please let us know! We would love to meet up for lunch or cookies or tea:) let me know what dat you are going so I can send you my cellular:) Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete