Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baby Shower: Where I got my inspiration!

Hello Friends!  We survived Irene with no damage to our house, no trees down, and we still have power!  How Blessed are we?!

I literally found all of the baby shower inspiration online and I really wanted to give credit to the lovely ladies who helped me out by sharing their own ideas.

First up is Sarah at Life Sweet Life she had a tutorial on my banner that I made!

Next is Sandi at Oh Baby Shower Decor she's got some great inspiration and lots of ideas. That's where I got the idea for the little mini Bath and Body Works hand sanitizers as favors.  I also got the idea for the guests to sign a baby book from that website as well.

The labels I made came from Darby at Fly Through Our Window I just tweeked the template to fit what I needed.  And I think it turned out perfectly!  I also used the same template to make little food name tags.


I found this book at Target, it's call On the Night you Were Born, so cute and a great sentimental book if you're looking to do something like this at a baby shower!


I found this next idea through Be Different...Act Normal and it took me to this blog the poem is so adorable and great!  I'm not a mom yet, but even I get choked up reading it!  I thought it was such a cute idea that I had to give it to my SIL as a gift.  I got a set of 4 tiny vases at Target for $2.99.  You can click on the poem below and read it. 



This type of wreath I've seen all over blog land and I really wanted to try and make one.  I used this tutorial and it worked out great!


I got the idea to serve fruit in these little waffle bowls from Kelly at Kelly's Korner.  I absolutely LOVE this idea!


I made these POMS and I think they turned out really cute, I watched a Youtube video for these, because I had never made them before.


I got the punch recipe from Erin at Blue Eyed bride.  It was a hit!


Okay I think that's about it.  I hope if anyone is planning a shower in the future they can get some ideas here! : )
p.s. I went and got a 4 pack of receiving blankets from Target and used two of them on the table above to add to the color scheme I was going for and then gave them to my SIL at the end of the shower (along with all of the decorations, I hope she'll be able to use some of them in the baby's room)
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment