Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
And finally I took the plunge and am now in the Ugg club!!! I ordered these right before Christmas and I was hoping they'd be here before New Year's but I don't think they are supposed to get here until after. Oh well.................the worst part about this is I've never even tried Ugg's on before, but I just know that I'll love them!!!!
And I would like to introduce you to my newest obsession, I'm sure most of you are already familiar or fans of Gossip Girl.........as proof from the Uggs that I just bought above, I'm usually a little late to the party train, but oh my gosh this show is addictive!!!
I ordered the first season on my trusty Netflix account and Hubby watched a couple of episodes with me. About halfway through one of the episodes he turns to me and says, "These people aren't in high school?????!" and I told him they were and this was Manhattan's extremely weathly teens and sadley probably the way that those kids actually live, and yes girls in high school these days tend to look like they are in there 20's. He just looked at me like I was crazy.........men......
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
This is what I gave them as a gift. Vintage Madame Alexander bride dolls in a basket from World Market, and a flower girl book and star wand. I put a bunch of candy (ring pops, candy bracelet and candy necklace) in the basket right before I gave it to them at the rehearsal. They loved it!!
Miss Lily being a big help and holding my ribbon bouquet for me!
YOU DID GOOD GIRLS!!!!! I LOVE YOU ANGELS!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
(image from The Pink Monogram)
So much fun!!!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
This is Sarah finally figuring out how the timer works on the camera!!! It only took me 3 years!
The fish in the aquarium were amazing!
Hubby and I were like two kids in a candy store! We were running around yelling look at this, look at this! haha
This was our Jaws experience!
da-nun -- da-nun
It was a great afternoon!
Have a super weekend friends!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I was tagged by the sweet Meghan over at Believe in Meg to answer the following questions.....
Candy Cane Questions
1. What is your favorite Christmas Movie? I have a number of favorite holiday movies but if I had to choose just one I'd have to say it's Home Alone
2. Favorite Christmas Song? 'O Holy Night' and 'I want a Hippopotamus'
3. Favorite Holiday Memory? the wonderment I felt as a child about Santa and Christmas and spending time with my family
4. What kind of cookie/treat do you like to make? Holiday Bark
5. Have you ever made an igloo? No, I live in the south, we barely get snow
6. Do you love Starbucks? Gingerbread Latte or Eggnog Latte? I'd have to go with Gingerbread latte
7. What makes the perfect Snowman?carrots, buttons, sticks,
8. Best gift you have ever given? I had some really old pictures of my late grandfather restored and blown up and gave them to my mom and aunts and grandma, they all really loved it.
9. Best gift you have ever received? I can't really think of a specific gift that stands out the best
10. What is the snowman's name on Rudolph? No idea
11.Silver or Gold? Right now, I'd say Gold
12. What is your favorite Christmas decoration? The star on top of my Christmas tree
13. What's your Christmas decorating style? collective of all the decorations I've recieved over the years.
14. Do you hang stockings? Yes!
15. How many days do you celebrate Christmas? 3 - my family, my dad's family, my mom's family and I guess it will actually be 4 because I'll have hubby and me this year
16. What do you want this year? brown boots
17. What was your favorite ornament on the tree as a child? My rocking horse ornament that was given to my parents when I was born
18. favorite food you eat on Christmas day? I love my Granny's mashed potatoes the best
I am tagging--
Amber at Daisy Chain
Jenna at That Bride
Nina at Nina knows Best
You know what to do...Copy, Paste, Answer, Add a Question, Tag the 3 bloggers with the most recent updates on your blog feed/roll, let them know they've been tagged in a comment, and learn about your fellow bloggers :)
Rachel at Girl Learning along the Way tagged me to list 6 random facts about myself...
1. I love liver....I know disgusting, but I do, I love liver and onions, I love liver patte, liver anything.
2. I'm 6' tall when I wear 3 inch heels
3. I hate talking on the telephone, hate it, hate it, hate it....I don't know why. But when I do talk on the phone I pace a lot! I'm talking laps around the house!
4. I have four brothers and we were also a foster family from the time I was 6 until I was 15 and had anywhere from 1 newborn to 3 babies/children in our house constantly.
5. I was engaged for over two years and didn't actually start planning my wedding until about a year in and didn't start trying on wedding dresses until then either.
6. I get what's called "Emotional blushing" whenever I feel an extreme emotion, happiness, nervousness, anger, etc. I'll get really splotchy on my neck and arms or if I drink I'll get it too, 1 beer or 1 glass of wine will do it.
I tag anyone who wants to list some random facts about themselves!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
(image from Kraft foods)
1 pkg. of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg. of white chocolate chips
1 cup or so of dried cranberries
1 cup or so of pistachios or any other kind of nut that you like
*Melt the chocolate and spread over wax or parchment paper
*Melt the white chocolate and dollup spoonfuls onto the chocolate that you spread out
*Take a toothpick and start swirling the white chocolate all over the chocolate
*Sprinkle the dried cranberries and nuts and then stick in the Fridge for a couple of hours until hard (or overnight) then take out and break up!!! It's really yummy!
I got this little cutie for my two nieces! It's the really cute little purse that Vera Bradley sells and this one was on sale for $10, they'll love it!!
(image from vera bradley)
I'm getting pretty close to my 100th post!!! And I've decided to do a giveaway........so spread the word!!! And check back soon!!! : )
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
(image from google images)
Okay so I have to put my Twilight 2 cents in and say that I wasn't all that impressed. I think my surroundings had a huge affect on the actual movie, there were so many teenage girls screaming and giggling the whole time that it took away from the movie and then I dragged hubby with me who kept looking at me every two minutes like I had lost mind!!! Needless to say he did not care for the movie at all! However he did find amusement in yelling and getting all of the teenage girls wound up even more than they were.
I'm definitely going to rent it when it comes out on DVD and give it another try.
I got this award from Pink is My Signature Color!
The rules are:
~Pass it along to 5 other fabulous blogs
-List your 5 fabulous addictions
1. My pearls - I wear them almost daily
2. I'm addicted to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and can't wait to watch it Thursday!
3. Blogs!!! I am addicted - I could sit here all day and do nothing but read peoples blogs!
4. My wedding pictures - I've been going through them almost on a daily basis because I'm going to be giving them out as Christmas presents this year to some of my family memebers!
5. Mark. I-Sheer Hook up Creamy Eye Shadow in Glacee! I love it!
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then "add image" it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the "picture" gadget. Also, don't forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
We went to the hibachi resturant for dinner and it was really good!! We enjoyed the chef's even more than the food they were so entertaining!
When we got back to our room my mom and dad had sent us Chocolate Covered Strawberries!! They're so sweet and thoughtful!! It was such a nice little surprise!
We ate the strawberries and then headed back out to wonder around the resort and ended....this is me posing in front of poseidon.
One of the beautiful Greek statues!
This was right outside of the irish pub, the furniture was actually shipped over from Ireland and Scotland!
The King and Queen! haha
And I'm pooped!!!! Another great day in paradise!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
~ inspires you
~ makes you smile and laugh
~ or maybe gives amazing information
~ a great read
~ has an amazing design
~ and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!