Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Bizarre Bazaar®

Hi friends!

So sorry for the absence these last days! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Mine was fabulous!
Last night my mom and I went to The Bizarre Bazaar® and "oh my gosh"!!! They had the cutest stuff!!! I was so good though and didn't buy a thing! I really didn't need to buy anything for anyone and the things that I saw for myself that I really wanted I thought 'I can make that'! So I got some good ideas and I'll let you know how it goes!!
~~~~~~
I sent my cookies out on Tuesday for my cookie exchange and thought I'd share one of the recipes with ya'll!
It's technically not a cookie but it's one of my favorite things to make during the holidays!!
Holiday Bark

(image from Kraft foods)

1 pkg. of semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 pkg. of white chocolate chips

1 cup or so of dried cranberries

1 cup or so of pistachios or any other kind of nut that you like

*Melt the chocolate and spread over wax or parchment paper

*Melt the white chocolate and dollup spoonfuls onto the chocolate that you spread out

*Take a toothpick and start swirling the white chocolate all over the chocolate

*Sprinkle the dried cranberries and nuts and then stick in the Fridge for a couple of hours until hard (or overnight) then take out and break up!!! It's really yummy!

~~~~

I got this little cutie for my two nieces! It's the really cute little purse that Vera Bradley sells and this one was on sale for $10, they'll love it!!

(image from vera bradley)

~~~~~

I'm getting pretty close to my 100th post!!! And I've decided to do a giveaway........so spread the word!!! And check back soon!!! : )

8 comments:

  1. those cookies look and sound delish!

    thank you for your comment!! : )Nieces and nephews are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, the holiday bark sound delicious! I will have to try that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to the Bizarre Bazaar on Friday with my mom! I am so glad to hear that they had a lot of cool stuff! The Holiday bark looks so yummy :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I Tagged you on my blog
    in Candy Cane Questions
    Go check it out :)
    HAVE FUN

    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little purses are adorable. They will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holiday bark is SO yummy! I've never tried it with cranberry, so I might have to throw that in this year!

    ReplyDelete