Sunday, May 23, 2010

Project Update: Before and After Part II

Hi Friends! So here is the before and after of our Kitchen - Powder Room - Laundry Room floor makeover!
We originally had the white vinyl flooring. It was a bit dated and not really the style we're going for.
Our theme for the kitchen is a tuscan theme so we wanted to do an imitation tile, we didn't want to deal with the cleaning of a real tile floor and when we have little bambinos we don't want them to fall and hurt themselves on hard tile.
So we ended up going with a great laminate tile and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out!!
Now that the floor is down painting is coming next! We're going with a burnt red or a brick red. I'm a little nervous about it but I think it will look good.
We're also planning on going with a different color for the powder room and the laundry room. Hubby wants to do a canary yellow in the powder room but I'm not sure how I feel about that. What do you guys think?? I'd love your input!
And then for the laundry room I want to go with a green, maybe an olive green.
What do you think???
Enjoy the pics! And up next is the dining room! Happy Sunday Friends!
BEFORE











AFTER











6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! It looks great! And I love the idea of a yellow and olive green to match it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green will match perfect. Or a warm butter color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new tiles! They really warm up all of the rooms. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's amazing how even the walls look a different color and all the rooms look completely different. great eye for color combos; I hope the rest of the decorations get put in soon. I'd love to see the final touches!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the after!!! The floor looks so warm and inviting. I love earth tones. I think you are heading the right way!

    ReplyDelete