Saturday, September 3, 2011

End of Summer Recipe: Crab Quiche!

Hi Ya'll!  I wanted to share with you a recipe that's near and dear to my heart, it's the first thing that I made after I had moved into my own apartment my junior year of college and was "officially" on my own!  It was one of the best feelings in the world!!!  And I was so excited to have my own place and a kitchen that I decided to make a quiche (I had never really cooked before this) other than boiling an egg and making ramen noodle and easy mac!  I felt pure joy and independence, it was amazing!
~~~~~
I took a trip recently to Costco with Hubby and was walking past the seafood and saw cans of Phillips crab meat for $4.99!!!  I was so excited that I grabbed two jumbo cans and after checking out realized they were actually $15.99 a piece, major FAIL!  That sneaky Costco puts those price tags there to make you think that it's a different price, it's called bait and switch!  Yeah I have a marketing degree, I'm on to your game Costco!
~~~~~~
Anyway so after almost choking to death looking at the receipt, I walked my pride and very expensive crab meat out the door and decided to make my favorite crab quiche. : ) 






Please note the huge pieces of crab meat, mmmmm so good!!!
Its' really the easiest thing to make!!
All you need is:
Pre-made pie crust
4 eggs
1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Milk
2 tablespoons Flour
8 ounces of your favorite cheese shredded (I like to use 4 ounces of swiss cheese because it really brings the crab flavor out and then 4 ounces of cheddar or colby jack)
8 ounces of crab meat
1 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay
Salt and Pepper to taste

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl (mix the liquids first then add the cheese and crab).  Pour into the patry shell and back for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wait, so they purposely put the wrong price on the product?!

    ReplyDelete