Monday, January 23, 2017

My Picky Eater | Cauliflower Pizza

Happy Monday friends!  I have a confession to make - I have a 3 1/2 year old who is a picky eater (sigh).

A resolution that I didn't include in my last post is trying new recipes for my toddler to try and sneak in nutrition where I can.

A little background, my picky eater has a set of foods that he sticks to and kind of refuses to try new things.  His list includes, chicken nuggets, pizza, fish sticks, fruit (not all but some), corn, eggs.  Those are the main foods that he'll eat for dinner.  Sometimes I have had luck with noodles but rarely.

In an effort to broaden his palet, I made cauliflower pizza.  Now, I made this about a year or so ago and he ate it!!!!   I was over the moon because he ate cauliflower.  If you haven't seen the cauliflower pizza, here's the link to the recipe I used.  So fast forward to this past weekend and I made the pizza again.  I also made two naan pizzas for the grown ups, super easy and so delicious!!




The result:  he refused to eat the cauliflower pizza, he said it was yucky. 😒😒😒  But on a positive note he ate half of one of the naan pizza's.

Kid: 1
Mom: 0

I'm okay with this because I have some tricks up my sleeve still.  I'm also okay with it because my son gets different things at daycare.  His daycare provides breakfast, lunch and snacks and they are healthy and diverse, which is so great!  #hallelujah

Questions for you:  do you have a picky eater?  What do you feed them?  Have you been able to get them to eat anything new?


2 comments:

  1. No tips, but my nephew is/was perhaps the pickiest eater on the planet. He seemed to survive solely on Kraft mac & cheese, pizza from Pizza Hut (plain, naturally!) and perhaps the occasional potato by he time he was in high school. So you can imagine the rest of the family's surprise when he announced he wanted to be a chef! (Which lasted about five seconds...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! That is too funny, go figure right? I'll keep my fingers crossed that John will want to be a chef one day! I would love that!

      Delete