Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Book Review | March and April

I've been on a reading kick for a while now so I thought it would be fun to do some book reviews on here.

March - I read two books


Summer Rental was the first Mary Kay Andrews I had ever read and I enjoyed it.  It's about three friends who live very different lives and are all going through their own stuff and they end up in the Outer Banks for a couple of weeks in the summer. It has mystery, romance and intrigue.  It would definitely be a good beach read.


I had to read this one after Mix and Match Mama gave it such a great review and it did not disappoint.  It was a real page turner and I loved everything about it.  Highly recommend.


April - I read five books


Rules of Civility is actually my book club book.  I am in a book club that meets sporadically and we met in February and picked this one.  I had to request a hold at the library so didn't get it until April.  I don't usually gravitate toward early 20th century fictions but this one was pretty good.  It had a lot going on but was well written and kept my interest.  I would recommend this to others.


I hate to say this but I wasn't a huge fan of Yes Please.  It was just okay.  I don't think I would recommend this one.


Loved, loved, loved Woman of God.  I read some of the reviews on Amazon and a lot of people rated it poorly because they said it wasn't believable, it's fiction.  Anyway the story telling in this one is just great, it's fast paced and a page turner and I really enjoyed and would highly recommend.


 I'm a huge Harry Potter fan!  So I really like a good young adult sci-fi series and this one is excellent!  The Sorceress is part of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel series and I believe there are 6 books in all.  I will definitely be reading all of them.
  

The last book I read was Boy, 9, Missing and this was a Christmas gift from my husband that I instantly put at the bottom of my book pile because, hello, I have a little boy and I don't want to read about one missing!  But I decided it was time to pull it out and give it a try and it was an excellent who dun it?  Had me guessing until the very end and gave a nice twist!  I would definitely recommend this one.

So that's it for March and April!  
What books have you been reading, any recommendations for me!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment