Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Summer Bucket List


Summer is definitely my favorite season (with Fall very close behind).  
Maybe it's because I was born in the Summer, maybe it's because of Summer vacation as a kid.
There's just something about the warm weather and long days that makes my soul happy!

I also love a good bucket list, so here you go.

1. Make homemade play-dough - we've actually already done this and it was super easy and fun!
2. Pool Days - going to the pool with a 4 year old is a lot of fun, not to mention a good workout!
3. Homemade Peach preserves - I made blackberry preserves this past winter and now I want to try peach, it was easier than I thought it would be!
4. This project - I have an old tire that's been sitting in our garage for over a year and I decided I'm going to do something with it!
5. Beach vacation (Outer Banks) - my family has a house in Carova, you have to drive on the beach to get there, it's amazing.  It's also where all the wild Outer Banks horses live.
6. Fireworks on the Fourth - looking forward to fireworks with little man this year.
7. Miniature Golf - this will be a first for John.  Can't wait to see how he likes it.
8. Go camping (in the backyard) - This one is all my husband!  I don't do camping, but I'll enjoy watching them from the comfort of the house!
9. Farmers Markets - There are so many great farmers markets in Richmond!
10. Grill grill grill - Summer = grilling
11. Lay in the backyard and look at the stars - I saw an idea on pinterest where you put blankets and pillows in a blow up pool and look at the stars.  Love this idea!
12. Drive-in Movie Theatre - Ya'll, I can't wait to do this one!  All I can think of is the scene in Grease.  It's probably going to be way better in my head but I don't care I still want to do it.
13. De-cluttering John's artwork by making art books - I've saved every scrap of artwork that John has brought home since he started in daycare at 3 months old.  Needless to say it's taking over so this project is a must.  Even though it's going to be time consuming I'm excited to do this and see how it turns out.  Oh and get back half his closet space too!  I'm planning on saving my favorites and then recycling the rest once the books are done.

What's on your summer bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment