Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What's Up Wednesday | 6/28/17

Happy Hump Day!
I feel like Summer is in full swing and I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am!

Linking up with  MelSheaffer and Shay for What's Up Wednesday!


WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK: 

It's Summer, so that means I'm eating this.  A lot.  #yolo


Work lunch = amazing Kuban food


This past Saturday was a friends birthday party and they had an ice cream truck.
I guess you can't really tell how excited this guy was!?!


This was technically last week, but had to share the view from dinner with a girlfriend.
Nothing better than good food, good company and a gorgeous summer view.


WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT:
This little nugget at his 4th of July class party last year.

WHAT I'M LOVING:
The fact that it stays light until almost 9pm.
Hearing the frogs and crickets in the evening.
Eating all the summertime foods: Hot dogs, corn, watermelon, etc.

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:
We've been enjoying summer with lots of pool days, birthday parties, movies and play dates.

WHAT I'M DREADING:
I'm not going to lie, I'm going to be undertaking a project next week to get John's art under control and I'm kind of dreading the work it's going to take.  I know that it will be great once it's done but the process is going to be painstaking.  Maybe I'll be surprised and it won't be as bad as I'm imaging though!  Stay tuned.

WHAT I'M WORKING ON:
I'm working on our stay-cation schedule.
I want to make sure we feel like we've accomplished a good bit of stuff by the end of the week.
I also want to make sure we enjoy ourselves too, it is vacation after all.😉

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT:
4th of July!!!  Fireworks, cookout food, spending time with friends and loved ones and that summertime feeling.

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING:
Getting ready to start reading this!

This is my guilty pleasure. 


And this, I can't look away!


Moana has been on repeat in our house this week.
John loves the Shiny song, especially when he says Hiney, boys.


This was hard to watch!!! I don't know what to think other than I'm scared to death for my son and what he will have to go through in school and beyond for that matter.
I feel like every generation before talks about how things have changed and it was so different in their day.  I felt myself thinking that multiple times while watching this.
I hope to keep a good line of communication open with my son and instill in him that it's okay to come to us for anything and everything.  Did anyone else watch this, what are you thoughts?  I'd love to hear.


WHAT I'M LISTENING TO:
Review on this coming soon!

WHAT I'M WEARING:
My weekend staples right now include shorts, t-shirts and sandals.
For work I found this cute green shift type dress.
BONUS: I got it from Costco and it's only $16.99!

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
We are meeting John's college roomate for dinner on Friday which should be a lot of fun.
Saturday we are doing the Home Depot workshop with little man.
Sunday is Church and then heading to the parents on the river.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
Vacation Stay-cation
My Birthday
Beach Trip

WHAT ELSE IS NEW:
Nothing really, just enjoying Summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment