Thursday, June 8, 2017

Book Review | May

Book Review day!  Yay!

In May, I read/listened to 4 books.

Up first, The Handmaid's Tale.  It was not my favorite.  I've been wanting to read this book for a while since it got such good reviews and was recently a TV series.
But it fell flat for me.  
I hated the ending as well.

I also have not watched the series yet, let me know if you've watched it and what you thought?


Next up is Fall of Giants.
This was my first Ken Follett book and I enjoyed it.  
I will say that I listened to this one and I'm glad that I did because I think I would have had a hard time reading all of the war negotiating parts.
Historical Fiction is not my favorite genre but I did like this one.  
I'll definitely read the other two books in this trilogy.


I had really high hopes for, One True Loves, and it was good but not as great as I thought it was going to be.  
I have read so many amazing reviews of this book that maybe my expectations were too high?
I would definitely recommend this book if your looking for a good beach or pool read for your summer vacation.


Ending the month on a high note with, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
LOVED!
I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so I figured I would enjoy this book, and it did not disappoint.
I finished it in two days, it's quick paced although it's also written in screenplay format which is a little odd but you get used to it. 

 

That's it!  What books are you all reading/listening to?
Any recommendations?! 

Happy Friday-eve! 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment