I need to catch up on some tags and awards......
First up is the Happy New Year Award that sweet Sara gave me from The View from the New Years Baby she is such a sweetie and she's going to be an Aunt, yay!!!! Thanks Sara!
Here are the rules. You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year.List 5 things that you love about the New Year. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space.Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But keep the New Year cheer going.Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award.
Here are my 5 things I love:
Watching the ball drop
Remembering all the great things that happened in the previous year
New Planner : )....I'm a dork..
Next up is the Honest Scrap award from Pink Sass I love her blog and always enjoy reading what she's up to, she's hilarious! Thanks Pink Sass!!!Here are the rules of the award:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself
So here you go...10 (random) things about myself:
1. I don't like sweets, I know what's wrong with me! I'll eat sweets but I'd much rather have some cheese or something savory.
2. There are only two people in my life who know about my blog and that's hubby and his sister. I like keeping it a secret because I can write about whatever I want and not worry about hurting anyone's feelings or being judged. I might tell people one day though.
3. I've never broken a bone (knock on wood) : )
4. I hate to dance, I can't dance so that's probably why I hate it so much.
5. I don't know whether I want to be cremated or buried and I have a really hard time thinking about it, very weird I know.
6. I can't stand to buy anything full price, it's got to be on sale.
7. The more I fly the more anxious I get about it.
8. I wish I was doing something different with my life.
9. I want to live by the sea when I retire.
10. I have no pets.....yet.
Okay I'm giving both awards to the following lovely people......
Katy @ Tripping down the Aisle
Hailey @ Be Serious
Pretty in Pearls
Jen @ Because I could never keep up with a Diary
Tasha @ Biology Gal
Lori @ Wife in Training
And I also got tagged by the BRD at DC Prep Here's how it works:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five other people to do the same!
I'm at work so this isn't going to be very interesting....sorry.
Okay the book that was closest to me is called Moments of Magic, Be a Star with your Customers & Keep them Forever.
Page 56 just has one quote on it, here is is......
"If we are not customer driven, our cars won't be either." --Donald Peterson, Former CEO, Ford Motor Company
Lame and not fun.... :
Thanks girls!!! I love getting awards and tags!!!
On to fun and exciting news........................I'm getting a Laptop!!! eeeeeee! So excited! We have one computer at home that 99.9% of the time hubby is on playing his computer games so most of my blog reading and posting happens at work (sshh, don't tell) so I can't wait to get this bad boy and be able to do some serious posting at home!! Cue the Ariel singing..... ; }
Hope everyone is having a fantastic Thursday....tomorrow Friday woohoo!!!