Monday, June 30, 2008
I'm still playing with the idea of a small little trunk if I can find one, I'm going to check out Ebay.
I've picked out the pots and pans thanks to Miss Etiquettely Correct for her comment and after getting some good comments on the vacuum I've almost decided on that.
Called the Florist and got my bouquet reserved for my portraits.
Got a good start on some cute pictures for the slide show at the reception.
So all in all a good weekend ya'll!
On an unrelated wedding topic I got this fantastic tennis bag (that I've been stalking online for a while now) at Marshall's for only $20!!!! The cheapest I was able to find it online was $35 and then you'd have to add shipping of course.
Friday, June 27, 2008
1. Use this awesome Michael's coupon (that expires tomorrow, sorry for not posting about it sooner) that I saw on Wedding Bee. I think I'm going to use this for either Flower Girl petals, a Pen, or Flowers that I'll need for making a Towel Cake for my Maid of Honor for one of her showers.....I'll definitely be posting pictures when I'm done.
2. Go to Michael's and World Market and look for something to hold my programs for the ceremony, I was thinking either a basket or maybe even a little celtic looking trunk.....
3. I need to finish registering. I'm registered at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond and I still need to register for a vacuum cleaner and pots and pans, any suggestions???
4. Call my florist and reserve a bouquet for my bridal portraits in July.
5. Start getting pictures together for slide show at reception.
Okay I think I've got my work cut out for me this weekend! Wish me luck and happy hunting ; )
Thursday, June 26, 2008
I was getting ready to get one to Domino but to be honest I've never really looked at that magazine before, but I have a card to get it for $10 so I thought why not?!
Right now I am currently subscribed to the following......
I did have a Modern Bride subscription but that one ran out :(
So I'd love to know what you all are getting in the mail! And what you would recommend!!!!
I mean seriously how crazy is that!!!!!? And she said she did an interview for Good Morning America this morning but I don't see anything on their site about it.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:40
2. Diamonds or Pearls? I love them both! But if I absolutely had to choose I think I’d go with pearls?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Sex and the City
4. What is your favorite TV show? Ghost Whisperer, The Hills, Family Guy
5. What did you eat for breakfast? I just had coffee : ( that’s probably why I’m hungry!
6. What foods do you dislike? I don’t like sweet relish or hot peppers, anything that’s really spicy!
7. Your favorite potato chip? Lighthouse Sea Salt and Vinegar
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Michael Jackson classics
9. What kind of car do you drive? Jeep Liberty
10. Favorite sandwich? There’s a place in the Outer Banks called Tommy’s Market and they make the world’s best ham and swiss on white bread, it’s pure Heaven!
11. What characteristics do you despise? Lying, cheating, rudeness
12. What are your favorite clothes? Skirts and tanks when it’s warm and jeans and turtlenecks when it’s cold!
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Australia, Cabo, or Figi
14. What color is your bathroom? Black and white
15. Favorite brand of clothing? J.Crew and Brooks Brothers
16. Favorite time of day? 5:00pm
17. Where would you want to retire to? Savannah or anywhere that’s warm with a beach
18. Favorite sports to watch? Soccer and Tennis
19. Coke or Pepsi? Gotta be Coke
20. Are you a morning person or night owl? I’m a morning person
21. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Not unless getting married in October counts!
22. What did you want to be when you were little? A nun, a teacher, and a marine biologist
23. What is your best childhood memory? Christmas mornings, trick or treating, shopping with my mom and Granny on Saturdays, and Crab Carnival
24. Nicknames? I have four brothers and they all called me Sissy when I was little and my Dad still calls me that today. Also my uncle called me curly because my mom always curled my hair.
25. Piercings? Ears only
26. Eye Color? Hazel
27. Favorite day of the week? Friday at 5:00, there’s nothing better!
28. Favorite restaurant? Maldini’s (Italian) and Red Lobster their cheddar biscuits….YUM!
29. Favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food
30. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? J.Crew, Banana Republic, or Target (think of all the stuff you could get!!)
31. Bedtime? Between 9:00 and 10:00
32. What are you listening to right now? Light 98….easy listening (at work)
33. How many tattoos do you have? None
34. Next film you'll see? The Dark Knight…..so psyched for it!!!!!!!
Okay I'm tagging
The Little White Book
Monday, June 23, 2008
The groomsmen will actually be wearing the Blackwatch kilt so I wanted to have the matching ribbon woven, no pun intended : ), throughout the wedding. So the bouquet's are going to be wrapped in the ribbon, I think it's going to go really well with the black dresses! And then we'll have the ribbon on the programs and on the Church pews and I'm going to use it for wrapping the vases for the sparklers at the reception. I'm also going to use it for our Out of Town Bags! And I haven't fully decided but I might hang our initials on the doors at the Church and if I do that I'll obviously use the ribbon there too! Is anybody else incorporting their initials in their wedding?
I found the sparklers online (with free shipping no less) and just need to order them and I'm debating on the matches, I don't know if I should spend the money on getting them personalized or just buy them plain and save some money. I think it turned out to be around $13.50 more for personalized.
My mom and I didn't make it to Nordstrom to look for her dress so that's still on the list.
And I didn't get a chance to look for the pen either.
I have decided on the piper though, so another thing done. Only 500 more things to do and we'll be good to go! Just kidding but it feels like it though, my mom and I went to eat last night and we started talking about what was left to do and it seemed like there are a million things still to do......but I know it will all come together in the end!
Friday, June 20, 2008
1. Go by Tux Rental place at the mall and pick out tuxedo for my ushers to wear (ushers are my brothers who refuse to wear kilts because they are from the south and are way to manly and macho to wear 'skirts', I beg to differ though.....these guys look pretty macho to me!)
2. Keep looking for dresses for my mom to wear to the wedding.
3. Buy rest of Sparklers for send off and buy Matches, also look for cute tall vase to put the Sparklers in. (I saw the CUTEST photo last week of someone's sparklers and matches and cannot for the life of me remember where I saw them! UGH! It's driving me crazy!)
4. Look for a nice pen to place with the Guest Book at the ceremony. Anybody have any suggestions on this one, I'm at a total loss??? I don't want to spend a lot of money but I do want something nice.
5. Need to decide on a piper for the ceremony.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
I was fascinated by it so when I got back home I researched the photo and found out that it was Ruth Orkin's 1951 photo named 'American Girl in Italy' which actually is quite famous.I'm definitely going to do something with the photos I have above, maybe make them into a black and white and put them side by side with the original. I just love it, it's so classic!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
This is me with the "oh my gosh it's the one" look on my face! Please note that this dress was a size 14 or something hence the reason I'm all clipped up in the back.
I absolutely love the lace on this dress!
And the train, I originally didn't want that big of a train but I changed my mind completely when I put this dress on!
I didn't get the dress bustled this way, I got it bustled over the top. It ended up looking way better!
Pure happiness! I was holding back a little because there was a creepy guy sitting about 2 feet away from me staring at me, I think he had a mail order bride with him, seriously she didn't speak a lick of english!!! Creepy!
The only reason I'm posting these pics of me in my dress is becuase Fiance doesn't read my blog so I'm in the clear!
And you'll get to see more of me in my dress before the wedding because I'm getting my bridal portraits done in July!!! Yea!!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
The next one is going to be a Scotland book because that's where Fiance is from.
And finally the last one is an Italy book and this one to me has the most meaning becuase it's where Fiance proposed and I have to tell you it'll be one of the most romantic proposals you've ever heard, but I'm saving it for another day!
I love this idea because we'll get to cherish these books forever and they'll get passed down to our children and their children!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
(photos from The Knot)
My bouquet is going to be just the Roses and the Hydrangea kind of like the picture above and then the bridesmaids bouquets are going to have the Hydrangea and the Thistle. The groomsmen and ushers will have a Thistle boutonniere and Fiance is going to have a Thistle with a Rose, oh and the Mother's are going to have Roses with little bunches of purple Heather because Heather is supposed to be good luck according to Fiance. One more thing knocked off the list ya'll!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
(this photo was also taken from www.sweettoothky.com/weddings.html)
Which do you like better the silver cake stand or the white cake stand? I can't decide....
One more thing, here is my bride and groom cake topper (Fiance requested this and I thought it was cute so I obliged)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
They are wearing the black because the groomsmen are wearing kilts, so I figured black would go with them the best. I haven't 100% decided if I want them to wear the sash with it or not. I might just let them go without. The best thing about this dress is that I got them from Target online for only 89.99 plus free shipping for them. The worst thing about this dress is that the only way into it is through those buttons you see on the back and while I love the way it looks it's a bit of a pain to button up, so I think the girls might get a zipper put in the side.
But I'm really excited about them and think they are going to look oh so pretty!! But what do you all think sash or no?
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
The only problem......they were sold out! So I went to my trusty Ebay and lo and behold there they were at a whopping 53% less than what they were priced at on JCrew!!! I heart Ebay ya'll!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Seriously it couldn't have turned out more perfect! I got the magnet made over at vista print and put on there These Kids are Getting Married! Save the Dates....success.....check!!!