Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Gift for my Shower....

I'm having two Bridal Showers for my wedding. One is in August and that one is going to be for my girlfriends and then we are doing the Bachelorrete later the same night and the other one is going to be in September for my family, i.e. Grandmothers, Aunts, Cousins, Sister-in-laws, etc....

My first shower is being hosted by my awesome maid and matron of honor and my second shower is being hosted by my sweet cousin.

Here's what I've been thinking about recently....I want to get them a gift for throwing me the showers but I'm not sure what it should be. I just want to show my appreciation to them for putting all kinds of work, time, and effort into doing something for me. I was thinking maybe a nice candle but that's as far as I've gotten. I know you ladies are very creative and have some awesome ideas so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing??
Much thanks in advance!!!! : )

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - I don't like the live feed because I stalk your blog! haha - just kidding, kind of.

    For the ladies that are hosting my showers - I stocked up when all of the Cynthia Rowley stuff went on sale at Target. I am giving them little sets of cocktail napkins and matching 4 piece spreaders. They also had cute tableclothes. I was at Target the other day and they had some summer stuff on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave all of my hostesses customized stationary from Chloe / English Tea Paperie. She is great and super easy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lovin those ideas girls!! Thanks!!!

    EC stalk away girlfriend I don't care!!! I probably stalk yours more than you stalk mine anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could also do a little "spa" gift basket. Maybe a candle or two, some bubble bath, an eye mask, body lotion... stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a gift shop near my house that sells pretty silverplate frames. I didn't use them for shower gifts, but when I saw them after the wedding I thought they would have made great hostess gifts.

    I gave a kitchen basket to one person (filled with various tools, kitchen towels, etc). A starbucks giftcard and coffee to another person who is a huge coffee addict. One of my bridesmaids went above and beyond for a shower, so I gave her the coffee pot from her china collection. I can't remember the other gifts I gave.

    I am sure they will love whatever it is you give them! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that the spa gift basket is a good one - it's a cute idea to let them relax after working hard on the party!

    There is cute summer printed stuff everywhere, and not just Target, and it's all starting to go on sale too. Get a cute pitcher and some margarita or wine glasses, and maybe even a fun tray. A cute collection of stuff to entertain on the deck/patio, and plastic summer stuff is not too expensive. You could throw in a bottle of wine or one of those margarita buckets depending on what kind of glasses you get.

    ReplyDelete