Friday, July 18, 2008

Tough News.

I'm sorry I've been absent the past couple of days, but I got some bad news at work on Tuesday. Myself, along with about 50+ other people got told that our jobs were going away effective September 30th.

Needless to say I was shocked and very upset, the company that I'm with was the company that I got my first job out of college from so this has been really hard news to digest. I've been applying like crazy to just about everywhere I can. I know that there's really no good time to get news like this but with the wedding fastly approaching, I'm feeling a little panicked. On the good side at least they've given us until the end of September but on the bad side I'm losing my job. So if you all could keep me in your thoughts and prayers I'd appreciate it and if you know of any jobs in the Richmond, VA area let me know! : )

On a happier note my bridal portraits are this weekend, but I haven't mentally prepared for them because of everything else that's going on so I'm just going to wing it! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are getting laid off. I hope that something else will come along for you. I am in the same boat trying to find a job after graduate school. It is so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Just remember when God closes a door, He opens a window!

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm sure you will find an even better opportunity. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck finding a new job! Everything will turn out ok, try not to stress too much about it. :) btw, what kind of industry are you in? I live in Charlottesville, I could keep my ears open for something in Richmond!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comments ladies!! KMT I'm in the banking industry right now (my major's marketing though), but I'm applying for everything I can so if you happen to hear of anything I'd take a look at it! Thanks!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stinks! I pray that God provides and even better jbo opportunity for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear this. But, I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason.. so I know something better is waiting for you! You need to read the Ivy Chronicles by Karen Quinn in the meantime. She was in the same situation and it was definitely a blessing in disguise! It really might lift your spirits:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your news, just stay focused and something good will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog! I'm so sorry about your job. But I'm sure one day soon after you're on the other side of this you'll realize it was for the best.

    ReplyDelete